When we were recently on holiday in Florida, I tried the infamous Red Lobster cheese biscuits for the first time, and they were AMAZING!! Fluffy, flavourful, melt in the mouth cheesy goodness. I’ve been dreaming of them ever since, and I thought I’d try make my own version. Needless to say, they turned out fantastic and were a massive hit with my fiancé! I scoffed some in secrecy, straight out of the oven.
They’re super easy to make, and the best part is that you don’t even have to get your hands messy! So here’s an incredibly simple recipe for Red Lobster style cheese biscuits.
Makes 10-12 biscuits
250g plain flour
60g shredded Cheddar
50g shredded Gouda
10g grated Parmesan
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 garlic cloves, crushed
75g softened butter
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 crushed garlic clove
1. Heat oven to 200 C. Prepare a baking tray with some greased baking paper.
2. Mix together flour, cheeses, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the middle.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together milk, egg, crushed garlic, and softened butter. Whisk or mix together with a fork until butter is broken up.
4. Pour milk mixture into the well in the flour mixture. Mix it all together with a fork or a spoon until it forms into a doughy consistency.
5. Use a tablespoon to heap the dough into small rounds and drop onto the baking paper.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Then brush with melted butter and crushed garlic mixture and bake for another 5 minutes.
Optional: this recipe is also great if you add a teaspoon of mustard powder to the flour mixture, and some freshly cracked pepper.